I did it!
I made “Noatmeal” (“no-oatmeal”)
I had been thinking about it all night. I had yet to try it and had always read about how to make it. So I woke up this mornings, stretttcheeddd…and then went to the grocery store.
Of course, I browsed around the interwebs to find a recipe…and of course, end up back at the almighty Marks Daily Apple website. A site I hadn’t been to in quite some time, and also the site of which I first read about Noatmeal.
The recipe is as follows:
- 1 small handful of walnuts
- 1 small handful of pecans
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 banana, mashed
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (add more if you prefer it a little runny)
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin seeds
- 1 handful of goji berries or fresh berries
I used the following:
1/2 mashed banana
1/4 cup coconut milk
small handfuls of: walnuts, almond, pecans (I don’t have a food processesor, but I purchased the smaller pieces and blended them some in my blender)
Blend or crush nuts (in which every way you can…you could do it manually with your hand and a hard tool Id assume) into as close as you can get to a powder and set aside.
Combine your eggs and 1/4 cup coconut or almond milk and whisk together.
Mash your banana, add it with your milk and eggs, and then stir in your nuts. I also added a bit of cinnamon right before I popped it in the micro for 2 minutes.